Text preview for : p07.pdf part of Philips p07 Philips Monitor CD 2001 Monitor CD 2001 E-MANUALS Philips crt 107b2 pdf p07.pdf
Back to : p07.pdf | Home
Warning and Notes 107B2 CM24 GSIII 7
9 Go to cover page
1. Safety Instructions for Repairs
3.3 Be careful when taking measurements in the high-voltage section
1.1 Safety regulations require that during a repair:
and on the picture tube panel.
- The set should be connected to the mains via an isolating
3.4 Never replace modules or other components while the unit is
- Safety components, indicated by the symbol , should be
replaced by components identical to the original ones.
3.5 When making settings, use plastic rather than metal tools.
- When replacing the CRT, safety goggles must be worn.
This will prevent any short-circuit and the danger of a circuit becomes
1.2 Safety regulations require also that after a repair:
3.6 After repair the wiring should be fastened once more in the cable
- The set should be returned in its original condition.
clamps for this purpose.
- The cabinet should be checked for defects to avoid touching, by the
customer, of inner parts.
3.7 Together with the deflection unit the picture tube is used as
- The insulation of the mains lead should be checked for external
an integrated unit. Adjustment of this unit during repair is
therefore not recommended.
- The mains lead strain relief should be checked on its function.
- The cableform and EHT cable are routed correctly and fixed with the
mounted cable clamps in order to avoid touching of the CRT, hot 4. Notes
components or heat sinks.
* Thermally loaded solder joints should be checked and resoldered The semiconductors indicated in the circuit diagram(s) and in the
where necessary. This includes components like LOT, the line parts lists are completely interchangeable per position with the
output transistor, fly-back capacitor. semiconductors in the unit, irrespective of the type indication on
2. Maintenance Instructions
It is recommended to have a maintenance inspection carried out
periodically by a qualified service employee. The interval depends on
the usage conditions.
- During the maintenance inspection the above mentioned "safety
instructions for repair" should be carried out The power supply
and deflection circuitry on the chassis, the CRT panel and the
neck of the CRT should be cleaned.
When cleaning the monitor on the outside: V
- Always disconnect the monitor from the mains.
- Always use a damp AND NOT WET lint-free cloth.
- To clean the screen, apply a household glass cleaner to a cloth
and then wipe the screen.
- Do not use solvents or abrasives on the monitor.
It might discolour the cabinet and/or affect the anti glare
treatment on your screen.
3. Warnings Fig. 3.1
3.1 In order to prevent damage to ICs and transistors, all high-
voltage flash-overs must be avoided. In order to prevent damage to
the picture tube, the method shown in Fig 3.1 should be used to
discharge the picture tube. Use a high-voltage probe and a
multimeter (position DC-V). Discharge until the meter reading is 0V
(after approx 30s).
3. 2 ESD
All ICs and many other semiconductors are sensitive to electrostatic
discharges (ESD). Careless handling during repair can drastically
shorten the life. Make sure that during repair you are connected by a
pulse band with resistance to the same potential as the earth of the
unit. Keep components and tools also at this same potential.