2SC5198 TOSHIBA Transistor Silicon NPN Triple Diffused Type
2SC5198 Power Amplifier Applications Unit: mm
· High breakdown voltage: VCEO = 140 V (min) · Complementary to 2SA1941 · Suitable for use in 70-W high fidelity audio amplifier's output stage
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
Characteristics Symbol Rating Unit
Collector-base voltage VCBO 140 V Collector-emitter voltage VCEO 140 V Emitter-base voltage VEBO 5 V Collector current IC 10 A Base current IB 1 A Collector power dissipation PC 100 W (Tc = 25°C) JEDEC Junction temperature Tj 150 °C JEITA Storage temperature range Tstg -55 to 150 °C TOSHIBA 2-16C1A Note: Using continuously under heavy loads (e.g. the application of high Weight: 4.7 g (typ.) temperature/current/voltage and the significant change in temperature, etc.) may cause this product to decrease in the reliability significantly even if the operating conditions (i.e. operating temperature/current/voltage, etc.) are within the absolute maximum ratings. Please design the appropriate reliability upon reviewing the Toshiba Semiconductor Reliability Handbook ("Handling Precautions"/"Derating Concept and Methods") and individual reliability data (i.e. reliability test report and estimated failure rate, etc).
Start of commercial production 1994-06 1 2013-11-01 2SC5198 Electrical Characteristics (Ta = 25°C)
Characteristics Symbol Test Condition Min Typ. Max Unit
Collector cut-off current ICBO VCB = 140 V, IE = 0 5.0 A Emitter cut-off current IEBO VEB = 5 V, IC = 0 5.0 A Collector-emitter breakdown voltage V (BR) CEO IC = 50 mA, IB = 0 140 V hFE (1) VCE = 5 V, IC = 1 A 55 160 DC current gain (Note) hFE (2) VCE = 5 V, IC = 5 A 35 83 Collector-emitter saturation voltage VCE (sat) IC = 7 A, IB = 0.7 A 0.3 2.0 V Base-emitter voltage VBE VCE = 5 V, IC = 5 A 0.9 1.5 V Transition frequency fT VCE = 5 V, IC = 1 A 30 MHz Collector output capacitance Cob VCB = 10 V, IE = 0, f = 1 MHz 170 pF
Note: hFE (1) classification R: 55 to 110, O: 80 to 160
TOSHIBA C5198 Part No. (or abbreviation code) Lot No.
NOTE 2 Characteristics indicator
Note 2 : A line under a Lot No. identifies the indication of product Labels. [[G]]/RoHS COMPATIBLE or [[G]]/RoHS [[Pb]]
Please contact your TOSHIBA sales representative for details as to environmental matters such as the RoHS compatibility of Product. The RoHS is the Directive 2011/65/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 8 June 2011 on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
2 2013-11-01 2SC5198
IC VCE IC VBE 10 10 250 200 Common emitter 150 Tc = 25°C 8 100 8
Collector current IC Collector current IC
6 6 50 Tc = 100°C 40 4 4 25°C 30
-25°C 2 20 2 Common emitter IB = 10 mA VCE = 5 V 0 0 0 2 4 6 8 10 0 0.4 0.8 1.2 1.6 2.0
Collector-emitter voltage VCE (V) Base-emitter voltage VBE (V)
VCE (sat) IC hFE IC 10 1000 Collector-emitter saturation voltage
Collector current IC (A) Common emitter VCE = 5 V 1 0.01 0.1 1 10
Collector current IC (A)
Safe Operating Area 30 IC max (pulsed)*
1 ms* IC max (continuous) 10 10 ms*
5 DC operation (A)
Tc = 25°C 3 100 ms* Collector current IC
0.3 *: Single nonrepetitive pulse Tc = 25°C Curves must be derated 0.1 linearly with increase in temperature. VCEO max
0.05 2 3 10 30 100 300
Collector-emitter voltage VCE (V)
3 2013-11-01 2SC5198
RESTRICTIONS ON PRODUCT USE · Toshiba Corporation, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "TOSHIBA"), reserve the right to make changes to the information in this document, and related hardware, software and systems (collectively "Product") without notice.
· This document and any information herein may not be reproduced without prior written permission from TOSHIBA. Even with TOSHIBA's written permission, reproduction is permissible only if reproduction is without alteration/omission.
· Though TOSHIBA works continually to improve Product's quality and reliability, Product can malfunction or fail. Customers are responsible for complying with safety standards and for providing adequate designs and safeguards for their hardware, software and systems which minimize risk and avoid situations in which a malfunction or failure of Product could cause loss of human life, bodily injury or damage to property, including data loss or corruption. Before customers use the Product, create designs including the Product, or incorporate the Product into their own applications, customers must also refer to and comply with (a) the latest versions of all relevant TOSHIBA information, including without limitation, this document, the specifications, the data sheets and application notes for Product and the precautions and conditions set forth in the "TOSHIBA Semiconductor Reliability Handbook" and (b) the instructions for the application with which the Product will be used with or for. Customers are solely responsible for all aspects of their own product design or applications, including but not limited to (a) determining the appropriateness of the use of this Product in such design or applications; (b) evaluating and determining the applicability of any information contained in this document, or in charts, diagrams, programs, algorithms, sample application circuits, or any other referenced documents; and (c) validating all operating parameters for such designs and applications. TOSHIBA ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR CUSTOMERS' PRODUCT DESIGN OR APPLICATIONS.
· PRODUCT IS NEITHER INTENDED NOR WARRANTED FOR USE IN EQUIPMENTS OR SYSTEMS THAT REQUIRE EXTRAORDINARILY HIGH LEVELS OF QUALITY AND/OR RELIABILITY, AND/OR A MALFUNCTION OR FAILURE OF WHICH MAY CAUSE LOSS OF HUMAN LIFE, BODILY INJURY, SERIOUS PROPERTY DAMAGE AND/OR SERIOUS PUBLIC IMPACT ("UNINTENDED USE"). Except for specific applications as expressly stated in this document, Unintended Use includes, without limitation, equipment used in nuclear facilities, equipment used in the aerospace industry, medical equipment, equipment used for automobiles, trains, ships and other transportation, traffic signaling equipment, equipment used to control combustions or explosions, safety devices, elevators and escalators, devices related to electric power, and equipment used in finance-related fields. IF YOU USE PRODUCT FOR UNINTENDED USE, TOSHIBA ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR PRODUCT. For details, please contact your TOSHIBA sales representative.
· Do not disassemble, analyze, reverse-engineer, alter, modify, translate or copy Product, whether in whole or in part.
· Product shall not be used for or incorporated into any products or systems whose manufacture, use, or sale is prohibited under any applicable laws or regulations.
· The information contained herein is presented only as guidance for Product use. No responsibility is assumed by TOSHIBA for any infringement of patents or any other intellectual property rights of third parties that may result from the use of Product. No license to any intellectual property right is granted by this document, whether express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise.
· ABSENT A WRITTEN SIGNED AGREEMENT, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THE RELEVANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR PRODUCT, AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, TOSHIBA (1) ASSUMES NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR LOSS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITIES, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION AND LOSS OF DATA, AND (2) DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS RELATED TO SALE, USE OF PRODUCT, OR INFORMATION, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OF INFORMATION, OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
· Do not use or otherwise make available Product or related software or technology for any military purposes, including without limitation, for the design, development, use, stockpiling or manufacturing of nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons or missile technology products (mass destruction weapons). Product and related software and technology may be controlled under the applicable export laws and regulations including, without limitation, the Japanese Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Law and the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Export and re-export of Product or related software or technology are strictly prohibited except in compliance with all applicable export laws and regulations.
· Please contact your TOSHIBA sales representative for details as to environmental matters such as the RoHS compatibility of Product. Please use Product in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations that regulate the inclusion or use of controlled substances, including without limitation, the EU RoHS Directive. TOSHIBA ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES OR LOSSES OCCURRING AS A RESULT OF NONCOMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.