Text preview for : ft2012sm.pdf part of ricoh ft2012sm ricoh Copiers FT 2012 ft2012sm.pdf
Back to : ft2012sm.pdf | Home
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICES
PREVENTION OF PHYSICAL INJURY
1. Before disassembling or assembling any parts of the copier, make sure
that the power cord is unplugged.
2. The wall outlet should be near the copier and easily accessible.
3. If any adjustment or operation check has to be made with exterior covers
off or open while the main switch is turned on, keep hands away from
electrified or mechanically driven components.
4. The inside and the metal parts of the fusing unit become extremely hot
while the copier is operating. Be careful to avoid touching those
components with your bare hands.
HEALTH SAFETY CONDITIONS
1. Toner and developer are non-toxic, but if you get either of them in your
eyes by accident, it may cause temporary eye discomfort. Try to remove
with eye drops or flush with water as first aid. If unsuccessful, get medical
OBSERVANCE OF ELECTRICAL SAFETY STANDARDS
1. The copier must be maintained by a customer service representative who
has completed the training course on the model.
SAFETY AND ECOLOGICAL NOTES FOR DISPOSAL
1. Do not incinerate toner cartridges or used toner. Toner dust may ignite
suddenly when exposed to open flame.
2. Dispose of imaging units in accordance with local regulations. (These are
3. Dispose of replaced parts in accordance with local regulations.
4 July 1996 SPECIFICATIONS
Configuration: Desk Top
Copy Process: Dry electrostatic transfer system
Original Size: Maximum: A4/8.5" x 14" (A183 copier)
B4/10" x 14" (A184 copier)
Copy Paper Size: Paper tray feed:
A4, 8.5" x 11", 8.5" x 13", 8.5" x 14"
Maximum: A4/8.5" x 14"
Minimum: A5/5.5" x 8.5"
Copy Paper Weight: Paper tray feed: 64 to 86 g/m2, 17 to 23 lb
Bypass feed: 60 to 105 g/m2, 16 to 27 lb
Reproduction Ratios Metric Version Inch Version
(A184 model only): 141%
Full Size 100% 100%
Reduction 82% 85%
Zoom (A184 model only): From 70% to 141% in 1% steps
Copying Speed: 12 copies/minute (A4/8.5" x 11")
Warm-up Time: Less than 30 seconds (at 23