File name Service Bulletin OST-F1363.PDF
100 Corporate Drive Mahwah, NJ 07430
No. : OST-F1363
Date: August 18, 2008
Subject: Correction of the Firmware via DPMS (Denon Product Management
Countermeasure is applicable only upon claim from the customer.
Symptom: 1) Last 2-pixel cropping at 1080p.
2) Several pixels on the right hand side of the image are apparently gone or have
been replaced with different information at 1080p.
Solution: We corrected the firmware so that no malfunction occurs.
METHOD OF UPDATE via DPMS (Denon Product Management Server)
Read me first! It is not necessary to initialize the customer's unit before updating
via DPMS. At this time, please skip item "Preparation of the update ".
Preparation of the update.
We didn't show this preparation Instruction on Instruction Manual. Please explain
additional this Instruction to the customers when updating the firmware.
Caution: It is necessary to initialize the unit before the update work begins. The
customer has to initialize their A/V product. Please update the firmware after you
confirm this matter to the customer beforehand.
1) Turn off the "Power switch" of unit.
2) Open the door on the front panel.
3) While holding the "" and "" buttons (SYSTEM CONTROL) down
simultaneously, turn the "Power switch" on.
4) The FL Display indicates all digits at interval a second.
5) Turn off the "Power switch" of the unit.
The information contained in this document is intended for the exclusive use by DENON Authorized Service Centers and their
employees. This document may contain information that is privileged, confidential and may be protected from disclosure under
applicable laws and terms of the DENON Service Agreement. Any distribution, disclosure, dissemination or copying of this
document and the information it contains is prohibited. No responsibility will be accepted by DENON for any damage, injury or loss
resulting from the misuse of the information contained in this document.
Updating the firmware (Refer to the Instruction Manual.)
1) Turn the Power Supply of the unit off.
2) Connect the Ethernet terminal of the unit to the Network line by Ethernet
straight cable. (Don't use Ethernet cross cable.)
3) The connection of the network recommends the Ethernet cable for certain
4) Turn the Power Supply of the unit on.
5) The unit sets the Internet. It wishes waiting for about two minutes until
customer's router ends the setting.
Caution: The update doesn't succeed when the customer's set cannot hook up to
the Internet correctly. In this case, please confirm the internet environment