File name Service Bulletin DZ10-094.PDF
100 Corporate Drive Mahwah, NJ 07430
No. : DZ10-094
Date: July 6, 2010
Subject: Correction of the Firmware.
Countermeasure is applicable only upon claim from the customer.
Symptom: BD title "WHAT WOMEN WANT" does not play. The unit is not able
to navigate to different chapters on the disc by skipping. The problem is the
selectable menu that runs along the bottom is too simple.
Solution: We corrected the firmware so that no malfunction occurs.
The information contained in this document is intended for the exclusive use by DENON Authorized Service Centers and their
employees. This document may contain information that is privileged, confidential and may be protected from disclosure under
applicable laws and terms of the DENON Service Agreement. Any distribution, disclosure, dissemination or copying of this
document and the information it contains is prohibited. No responsibility will be accepted by DENON for any damage, injury or loss
resulting from the misuse of the information contained in this document.
MODIFICATION: We will supply the following program files for updating the
subject models. Therefore, please burn each firmware on a blank CD-R
separately, and update the unit upon repair of the unit.
* Program Files to be supplied:
Version after the update: 1.122
Upon recording the Disc:
a) When recording the supplied file on the blank CD-R, the format shall be
"ISO9660" and the session shall be "CLOSE".
b) When recording the supplied file on the disc, please use the lowest recording
speed that is available on your PC. If the file is recorded at a higher speed, the
rewriting operation may fail due to improperly recorded data on the disc.
1) Rewriting procedures of the "FE/BE" ROMs.
(1) Turn the Power Supply of the unit on. Press the "OPEN/CLOSE" button and
open the Disc Tray.
(2) Put the recorded CD-R on the Disc Tray and press the buttons on the remote
control in the order of "9", "8", "7", "6" and "POP UP MENU/MENU".
(3) The Disc Tray closes, the FL Display indicates "F/W-UP" and the update of
the firmware starts automatically.
(4) After indicating the "Ver:1122" on the FL Display, the Disc Tray opens
(5) Take out the Disc from the Disc Tray.
(6) Press the "OPEN/CLOSE" button and close the Disc Tray.
(7) Do not turn off the Power Supply of the unit!
(8) The FL Display indicates from "0%" to "100%".
(9) The FL Display indicates "100%", and then indicates the checksum.
(10) The new firmware is installed completely.
(11) Pull out AC cable from the AC Strip.