File name EPSON DFX 8000.zip
` All rights reserved. Reproduction of any part of this manual in any form
whatsoever without SEIKO EPSON's express written permission is forbidden.
` The contents of this manual are subject to change without notice.
" All efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the contents of this manual.
However, should any errors be detected, SEIKO EPSON would greatly appreciate
being informed of them.
* The above notwithstanding SEIKO EPSON can assume no responsibility for any
errors in this manual or the consequences thereof.
Copyright 1990 by SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION
- i -
Precautionary notations throughout the text are categorized relative to 1 ) personal injury, and 2) damage
DANGER Signals a precaution which, if ignored, could result in serious or fatal personal
injury. Great caution should be exercised in performing procedures preceded by
a DANGER headings.
WARNING Signals" a precaution which, if ignored, could result in damage to equipment.
The precautionary measures itemized below should always be observed when performing repair/main-
1. ALWAYS DISCONNECT THE PRODUCT FROM BOTH THE POWER SOURCE AND THE
HOST COMPUTER BEFORE PERFORMING ANY MAINTENANCE OR REPAIR
2. NO WORK SHOULD BE PERFORMED ON THE UNIT BY PERSONS UNFAMILIAR WITH
BASIC SAFETY MEASURES AS DICTATED FOR ALL ELECTRONICS TECHNICIANS IN
THEIR LINE OF WORK.
3. WHEN PERFORMING TESTING AS DICTATED WITHIN THIS MANUAL, DO NOT
CONNECT THE UNIT TO A POWER SOURCE UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO. WHEN
THE POWER SUPPLY CABLE MUST BE CONNECTED, USE EXTREME CAUTION IN
WORKING ON POWER SUPPLY AND OTHER ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS.
1. REPAIRS ON EPSON PRODUCT SHOULD BE PERFORMED ONLY BY AN EPSON
CERTIFIED REPAIR TECHNICIAN.
2. MAKE CERTAIN THAT THE SOURCE VOLTAGE IS THE SAME AS THE RATED
VOLTAGE, LISTED ON THE SERIAL NUMBER/RATING PLATE. IF THE EPSON PROD-
UCT HAS A PRIMARY-AC RATING DIFFERENT FROM THE AVAILABLE POWER
SOURCE, DO NOT CONNECT IT TO THE POWER SOURCE.
3. ALWAYS VERIFY THAT THE EPSON PRODUCT HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE
POWER SOURCE BEFORE REMOVING OR REPLACING PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARDS
AND/OR INDIVIDUAL CHIPS.
4. IN ORDER TO PROT