File name TCC-CAUTION.pdf
1. General Servicing Precautions
(1) Always disconnect the power source before:
1) Removing or reinstalling any component, circuit board, module or any other instrument assembly.
2) Disconnecting or reconnecting any instrument electrical plug or other electrical connection.
3) Connecting a test substitute in parallel with an electrolytic capacitor in the instrument.
Caution: A wrong part substitution or incorrect polarity installation of electrolytic capacitors may result in an
(2) Do not defeat any plug/socket B+ voltage interlocks with which instruments covered by this service manual
might be equipped.
(3) Do not apply power to this instrument and or any of its electrical assemblies unless all solid-state device
heat sinks are correctly installed.
(4) Always connect a test instrument's ground lead to the instrument chassis ground before connecting the test
instrument positive lead. Always remove the test instrument ground lead last.
1) The service precautions are indicated or printed on the cabinet, chassis or components. When servicing,
follow the printed or indicated service precautions and service materials.
2) The Components used in the unit have a specified conflammability and dielectric strength. When
replacing any components, use components which have the same ratings. Components marked