File name SAMSUNG_UE32J5000AKXZT_Chassis_UED51.zip
1-1. Safety Precautions
Follow these safety, servicing and ESD precautions to prevent damage and to protect against potential hazards such as
For continued safety, do not attempt to modify the circuit board.
Disconnect the AC power and DC power jack before servicing.
1-1-2. Servicing the LED TV
1. When servicing the LED TV, Disconnect the AC line cord from the AC outlet.
2. It is essential that service technicians have an accurate voltage meter available at all times. Check the calibration of this
1-1-3. Fire and Shock Hazard
Before returning the monitor to the user, perform the following safety checks:
1. Inspect each lead dress to make certain that the leads are not pinched or that hardware is not lodged between the
chassis and other metal parts in the monitor.
2. Inspect all protective devices such as nonmetallic control knobs, insulating materials, cabinet backs, adjustment and
compartment covers or shields, isolation resistorcapacitor networks, mechanical insulators, etc.
3. Leakage Current Hot Check:
NOT BE ABOVE 0.5mA LEAKAGE
ALSO TEST WITH
(USING AC ADAPTER EARTH
PLUG AS REQUIRED) GROUND
Do not use an isolation transformer during this test.
Use a leakage current tester or a metering system that complies with American National Standards
Institute (ANSI C101.1, Leakage Current for Appliances), and Underwriters Laboratories (UL
WARNING Publication UL1410, 59.7).
4. With the unit completely reassembled, plug the AC line cord directly into a 120V AC outlet. With the unit's AC switch first
in the ON position and then OFF, measure the current between a known earth ground (metal water pipe, conduit, etc.)
and all exposed metal parts, including: metal cabinets, screwheads and control shafts.
The current measured should not exceed 0.5 milliamp.
Reverse the power-plug prongs in the AC outlet and repeat the test.
1-1-4. Product Safety Notices
Some electrical and mechanical parts have special safetyrelated characteristics which are often not evident from visual
inspection. The protection they give may not be obtained by replacing them with components rated for higher voltage,