|Information about the files in archive:|
|File name||Text |
1. Precautions 2. Reference Information 3. Specifications 4. Summary of product 5. Disassembly and Reassembly 6. Alignment and Adjustments 7. Troubleshooting 8. Exploded Views and Parts List 9. Block Diagram 10. Connection Diagram 11. Schematic diagram
In order to prevent accidents and to prevent damage to the equipment please read the precautions listed below carefully before servicing the printer and follow them closely.
1.1 Safety Warning
(1) Only to be serviced by appropriately qualified service engineers. High voltages and lasers inside this product are dangerous. This printer should only be serviced by a suitably trained and qualified service engineer. (2) Use only Samsung replacement parts There are no user serviceable parts inside the printer. Do not make any unauthorized changes or additions to the printer, these could cause the printer to malfunction and create electric shock or fire hazards. (3) Laser Safety Statement The Printer is certified in the U.S. to conform to the requirements of DHHS 21 CFR, chapter 1 Subchapter J for Class 1(1) laser products, and elsewhere, it is certified as a Class I laser product conforming to the requirements of IEC 825. Class I laser products are not consider|
2. Reference Information
This chapter contains the tools list, list of abbreviations used in this manual, and a guide to the location space required when installing the printer. A definition of tests patterns is also included.
2.1 Tool for Troubleshooting
The following tools are recommended safe and easy troubleshooting as described in this service manual.
· DCU(Diagnostic Control Unit)
Standard : Test equipment to diagnose the Laser printer supplied by Samsung Electronics.
· Cotton Swab Standard : For general home use, for medical service.
· Cleaning Equipments Standard : An IPA(Isopropyl Alcohol)dry wipe tissue or a gentle neutral detergent and lint-free cloth.
· DVM(Digital Volt Meter)
Standard : Indicates more than 3 digits.
· Vacuum Cleaner
· Driver Standard : "-" type, "+" type (M3 long, M3 short, M2 long, M2 short).
· Spring Hook
Standard : For general use
· Software (Driver) installation CD ROM
· Tweezers Standard : For general home use, smal|
ML-1520 Resolution Media Size Weight Duty Cycle
Product specifications are subject to change without notice.See below for product specifications.
3.1 General Specifications
ITEM SPL (Samsung Printer Language) Non-impact Electro-photograpic Printing Non-Magnetic, Mono-Component Developing System Up to 14PPM in A4(15PPM in Letter) SPL : 600 X 600 DPI Laser diode (LSU : Laser Scanner Unit) Power-on boot : 30 seconds or less Less than 12 seconds (Ready to 1st page out) 75 X 125 (3" X 5") mm to 216 X 356 (8.5" X 14")mm 16 ~ 24 lb 352 (13.8") X 372 (14.6") X 196 (7.7") mm : ML-1510 / ML-1520 / ML-1750 348 (13.7") X 355 (14.0") X 193 (7.6") mm : ML-1720 Net : 7 Kg /15.4 lb Gross : 9.5 Kg (Max.) Acoustic Noise
Print Technology Developing system Print Speed
Source of Light Warm-Up Time First Print Out Time
Media Thickness Dimension(W X D X H)
Stand by : Less than 35 dB Printing : Less than 50 dB Available Available Monthly : 15,000 |
|04-summary(xerox).pdf||Summary of product
4. Summary of Product
This chapter describes the functions and operating principal of the main component.
4.1 Printer Components
[ Front View ]
Top output tray (Face down) Output Support Control Panel
Manual Feeder guide Manual Feeder Tray
Paper level indicator
Summary of Product
[ Rear View ]
Rear output tray (Face up)
Power receptacle Parallel port (ML-1750 Only) USB port
[ Inside View ]
Summary of product
[ Control Panel ]
1) On Line/Error and Toner Save LEDs
If the On Line/Error lights green, the printer is ready to print. If the On Line/Error lights red, the printer is experiencing an error, such as jammed paper, the open cover or the empty toner cartridge. If you press the Cancel button while the printer is receiving data, the On Line/Error LED blinks red to cancel printing. In Manual Feed mode, if there is no paper in the Manual F|
|05-disassembly(xerox).pdf||Disassembly and Reassembly
5. Disassembly and Reassembly
5.1 General Precautions on Disassembly
Releasing Plastic Latches
Many of the parts are held in place with plastic latches. The latches break easily; release them carefully. To remove such parts, press the hook end of the latch away from the part to which it is latched.
When you disassemble and reassemble components, you must use extreme caution. The close proximity of cables to moving parts makes proper routing a must. If components are removed, any cables disturbed by the procedure must be restored as close as possible to their original positions. Before removing any component from the machine, note the cable routing that will be affected.
Whenever servicing the machine, you must perform as follows:
1. Check to verify that documents are not stored in memory. 2. Be sure to remove the toner cartridge before you disassemble parts. 3. Unplug the power cord. 4. Use a flat and clean surface. 5. Replace only with authorized compo|
|06-alignment(xerox).pdf||Alignment & Adjustments
6. Alignment and Adjustments
This chapter describes some of the main service procedures including: Using the DCU for diagnostics; Clearing paper jam and test patterns. Much of this chapter is also included in the user's guide.
6.1 How to use DCU
6.1.1 DCU Setup
You can use the DCU test jig as an aid to the diagnosis of printer problems. To connect the DCU to the printer remove the top cover and connect the harness wire CN6(ML-1520) on the Main control board.
ML SERIES DIAGNOSTIC CONTROL UNIT
04 DEV 300 05 LSU READY 07 PAPER EMPTY 08 09 COVER OPEN 10 COER HEATING PRINTING TEMP READY HEAT DEV 350 LSU MT & LD PAPER WIDTH EXIT SENSOR DEV 350 LSU MOTOR NEW CRU FEED SENSOR
00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
MAIN MOTOR OPERATING SYSTEM MAIN HIGH-VOLTAGE ON TRNSFER HIGH-VOLTAGE (-)ON THV(+) REFERANCE VOLTAGE DEV/SUPPLY HIGH-VOLTAGE ON/PTL ON LSU OPERATING SYSTEM PICKUP CLUTCH ON PEEMPTY/PWITH/NEW CRU TEST|
7.1 Bad image
7.1.1 Vertical Black Line and Band
· Description 1. Straight thin black vertical line occurs in the printing. 2. Dark black vertical band occur in the printing. Check and Cause 1. Damaged developer roller, deformed Doctor-blade or cleaning-blade in the Toner cartridge. 2. Scratched surface of the charge roller in the toner cartridge. 3. 3. Depression or deformation of the surface of the transfer roller. Solution 1. Replace the toner cartridge and test again.
Digital Printer Digital Printer Digital Printer Digital Printer Digital Printer
2. Replace the toner cartridge and test again. 3. Replace the transfer roller and test again.
7.1.2 Vertical White Line
· Description White vertical voids in the image.
Digital Printer Digital Printer Digital Printer Digital Printer Digital Printer
Check and Cause 1. 1. Contamination of the window or internal lenses of LSU mirror.
Solution 1. Clean the LSU window with recommended cleaner (IPA) C|
|08-explodedview(xerox).pdf||Exploded View & Parts List
8. Exploded Views and Parts List
SEC Code : ML-1520/XRX, XRH 8.1 Main Assembly . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page(8-2)
8.2 Frame Unit Assembly . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page(8-4) 8.3 Driver Unit Assembly . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page(8-7) 8.4 Fuser Unit Assembly . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page(8-8) 8.5 Cassette Unit Assembly . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page(8-10)
Exploded drawings and service parts lists are given for items which may be expected to have a higher failure rate. Where a failure occurs you can identify the part in the exploded diagram and, using the parts cross reference number, refer to the appropriate parts list to identify the part number. Note : Parts numbers given here are correct at the time of publication. When ordering parts please use the on-line ordering system to check if there have been|
POWER CORD FUSER ASSY USB PC
9. Block Diagram
EXIT- SENSOR MHVPWM
9.1 ML-1520 Block Diagram
S MP S PAR T' S
M OTOR DR P ART'S S S C G
Crystal 12MHz MainClock
FLASH MEMORY (0.5MB) SDRAM
OPC GND SUPPLY DEV THV FEED-SENSOR P/EMPTY-SENSOR
V OLTAGE DE TECTOR LD Video Clock
P AN EL THV-RD
+5V +24V 2 LED
C P U Jupiter4
MP - SENSOR
HV PS P ART 'S COVER OPEN SW
10. Connection Diagram
10.1 ML-1520 Connection Deagram
11. Schematic Diagrams
11.1 Main Controller (1/4)
Main Controller (2/4)
Main Controller (3/4)
Main Controller (4/4)
230V-V2 SMPS circuit diagram
AR1 SSG-102-A1 222MAD C2
SW1 3024-P5T4DBKBK F2 250V 2A LF2 6003V R14 R2 SS-5GLD SW2 C101 1KV 222 9 D101,102 200V 3A*2 N,U R102 N,U R104 N,U R106 N,U R108 5 8 C102 35V KMG 12.5*20 680uF R4 D5 1 UF4007 1/2W 3.3K R103 1/2W 3.3K R105 1/2W 3.3K R107 1/2W 3.3K R113 1/2W 3.3K R129 +24V 0.5A CON2-13 CON2-11,12 +24VS 1.0A D1,2,3,4 600V2A*4 C6 630V 103 C4 224 C5 82uF 400V 22*30 R15 R3 + R5 2W 68K 6 PT1 EER2828V
F1 250V 5A
11.2 SMPS (1/4)
R1 TH1 10D-9
L1 C10 18PHI B1 BRD3550T2 D6 200V1A R6
1/4W56K 1/4W56K 1/4W56K
1/4W 560K M,G
C105 50V 1uF
C9 1KV 221