File name 79480C(DASCard).pdf
Using DASCard Products
Under Windows 95
Note: Please disregard the information in this document if you do not
plan to use your DASCard product under Windows 95.
Keithley MetraByte is pleased to provide you with a licensed copy of
CardWorks for Windows 95 and the CardWorks Quick Reference Guide
CardWorks is a utility that allows the Keithley MetraByte Enabler,
KMENABLE.EXE, provided with your DASCard products, to function
under Windows 95. As an added benefit, CardWorks also allows you to
use PCMCIA products from other vendors under Windows 95.
To use CardWorks, follow these steps:
1. Identify the disks with the Keithley MetraByte logo from the rest of
the software shipped with your DASCard product, and install the
software with the Keithley MetraByte logo. Refer to the DASCard
user's guide shipped with the product for more detailed installation
2. Edit your AUTOEXEC.BAT file to include the following line:
This ensures that the KMENABLE is loaded when your computer is
3. Install the CardWorks software using the information provided in the
CardWorks Quick Reference Guide.
4. Reboot your computer.
5. Insert the DASCard in your computer and start the Cardworks
software to ensure that the DASCard has been recognized.
6. Run the DASCard configuration program following the instructions
in the DASCard user's guide.
You are now ready to use your DASCard product under Windows 95.
Part #79480; Rev. C August, 1996