File name Samsung_PS42C430_Precaution_[SM].pdf
To avoid possible damage, electric shocks or exposure to radiation, follow the instructions below with regard to
safety, installation, service and ESD.
1. Make sure all protective devices are properly installed including non-metallic handles and compartment covers
when installing or re-installing the chassis or chassis assemblies.
2. Make sure that no gaps exist between the cabinets for children to insert their fingers in to prevent children from
receiving electric shocks. Gaps mentioned above include ventilation holes of a too great magnitude between
the PDP module and the cabinet mask, and the improper installation of the rear cabinet.
Errors may occur when the resistance is below 1.0M or over 5.2M. In these cases, make sure that the
device is repaired before sending it back to the customer.
4. Check for Electricity Leakage (AC Leakage Test)
Warning: Do not use an insulated transformer for
checking the leakage. Use only those DEVICE CURRENT SHOULD NOT BE
UNDER TESTER ABOVE 0.5mA)
current leakage testers or mirroring systems TEST
that comply with ANSIC 101.1 and the TEST ALL
Underwriter Laboratory's specifications SURFACES
(UL1410, 59.7). 2-WIRE CORD
ALSO TEST WITH
(USING AC EARTH
ADAPTER PLUG GROUND
4. A high voltage is maintained within the specified limits using safety parts, calibration and tolerances. When
voltage exceeds the specified limits, check each special part.
5. Warning for Engineering Changes:
Never make any changes or additions to the circuit design or the internal part for this product.
Ex: Do not add any audio or video accessory connectors. This might cause physical damage.
Furthermore, any changes or additions to the original design/engineering will invalidate the warranty.
6. Warning - Hot Chassis:
Some TV chassis are directly connected to one end of the AC power cord for electrical reaso