|www.thinksrs.com-SR530_GPIB.pdf||Instructions for using National Instrument
Measurement & Automation Explorer with
the SR510/SR530 Lock-In Amplifiers
These instructions are for the default GPIB address of 23.
If using a National Instruments GPIB-USB-HS then you need to
connect a standard GPIB cable (at least 1.5 meters in length) in between
the National instruments connector and the SR510/SR530
1. Setup the SR530 for GPIB communication (see manual page8).
2. Start up Measurement & Automation Explorer
3. Select the + box next to "Devices and Interfaces"
4. Select "GPIB0 (GPIB-USB-HS)" or (PCI-GPIB)
5. On the upper menu click on "Scan for Instruments"
6. Double click on the instrument with address 23 (Bottom of the page section
labeled "Connected Instruments".
7. Select "Communicate with Instrument" on the top menu
8. In the Send String dialog box type "f"
9. Click on the Query button. The reference frequency should be
displayed in the string received box. The ex|