|www.thinksrs.com-SR245_GPIB.pdf||Instructions for using National Instrument
Measurement & Automation Explorer with
the SR245 Computer Interface
These instructions are for the default GPIB address of 25.
If using a National Instruments GPIB-USB-HS then you need to
connect a standard GPIB cable (at least 1.5 meters in length) in between
the National instruments connector and the SR245
1. Setup the SR245 for GPIB communication (see manual page 41).
2. Start up Measurement & Automation Explorer
3. Select the + box next to "Devices and Interfaces"
4. Select "GPIB0 (GPIB-USB-HS)" or (PCI-GPIB)
5. On the upper menu click on "Scan for Instruments"
6. Double click on the instrument with address 25 (Bottom of the page
section labeled "Connected Instruments"
8. Select "Communicate with Instrument" on the top menu
9. Power up/down the mainframe (*idn? is an invalid command that
locks up the SR245 for the first command)
10.Select "Configure EOS"