File name 20060710085230750_s64a_p_troub_6_159.pdf
6-1 Checkpoints by Error Mode
Power LED: Check that the LED works when turning the Master Switch ON/OFF
LED Indicators: See table 6-2-1 Basic Troubleshooting: LED Diagnosis on the Front Panel.
In case of a power failure or abnormal screen, check the following items.
1) Check that the power cord is correctly connected to a 220V wall outlet.
2) Check that the Master Switch has been pressed.
3) Check that the transmitter is turned on.
4) Check that transmitter device selection is set to TV.
5) Check that the signal cable is properly connected.
6) Check that channel setting has been set.
Samsung Electronics 6-1
6-1-1 Basic Approaches for Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting Mechanism :
- The Main Board has Power part which supplies power to Deflection and Feature Box.
- The Feature Box receives all signal inputs,the signal-processed signal is sent to CRT Ass'y.
- Deflection and Focus are controlled by the Main Board.
Troubleshooting by Modules
1) Enter Service Mode
(In SET Stand-By Status,if you press "Info""Menu""Mute" and "Power" button in sequence on the remote control, the
screen is turned on and the Service Mode screen appears.)
2) Check if the Power part of the Main Board Board, which supplies power to Feature Box, is out of order.
If you cannot turn the screen on by pressing the POWER ON/OFF button or the screen repeatedly turns on and off when
pressing the POWER ON/Off button, check if the Power part of the Main Board is out of order. (Refer to the circuit diagram)
4) Check if the Deflection part of the Main Borad is out of order.
When the screen is not properly displayed and the left or right side of the picture is shrunk, or the top or bottom of the screen
is expanded or shrunk, check if the Deflection Board is out of order.
6-2 Samsung Electronics
6-1-2 Flow Chart for Malfunction
Does the TV work? YES
Is there Does the OSD
somethi ng on menu on the
the Screen screen work?
Is the power cord or the NO
master switch out of order ?
Check that the cables are properl y