|www.thinksrs.com-MP_References.pdf||OptiMelt References www.thinkSRS.com
Measurement and Theory
1. Kenneth Nolon Carter and Kenneth N. Carter, Jr., "Meaningful Melting
Points", J. Chem. Educ. 72 (1995) 647. Note: A very careful study of MP
determinations and the proper way to observe and document results and
2. Martin Davidson, "Avoiding Errors in Melting Point Determinations",
International Labmate, vol. 23, issue 4, July 1998.
3. Gail Karet, "Make the Most of Melting Point Measurements", R&D
Magazine, July 1999, p. 61
4. Sharp, J. T., Gosney J. and Rowley A. G., "Practical Organic Chemistry, A
Student Handbook of Techniques", 1999, Chapman & Hall, NY, USA.
5. Donal Pavia, et. Al., "Introduction to Organic Laboratory Techniques: A
Microscale Appproach", 1st edition, Saunders College Publishing,
Philadelphia, USA, 1990.
6. R. L. Shriner, R. C. Fuson and D. Y. Curtin, "Systematic Identificat|