|www.thinksrs.com-SIM900 opt1.pdf||Installation Instructions for SIM900 Option 1 (GPIB)
1. Unplug the SIM900, and remove the top cover.
2. Remove the screw and two kep-nuts securing the cooling fan assembly. Move the
fan assembly out of the way (you do not need to unplug it from its cable)
3. Carefully insert a small flat-blade screwdriver into the next-to-last ventillation slot,
near the rear of the SIM900 chassis. Gently wedge this screwdriver behind the
circuit board, to provide "backing support" for mating the GPIB interface board to
4. Install the GPIB interface board. Carfully stabilize the mating board using the
screwdriver. Feel beneath the GPIB board to verify the connectors are aligned.
A dental-type inspection mirror should be used to check the connection.
5. Install the black GPIB jack-screws.
6. Re-install the fan assembly. Tighten the screw first, before tighening the kep-nuts.
7. Re-install the SIM900 cover.
8. Select the GPIB interface by mo|