File name 4200 self_paced.pdf
Customer Self-paced E-learning Sequence for
Keithley Model 4200-SCS Semiconductor Characterization System
This document gives the recommended sequence for customer self-paced e-learning
and tooling setup that Keithley has found to be effective and efficient for training new users of
the Keithley Model 4200-SCS Semiconductor Characterization System. Total time required:
Approximately 2 hours.
1. It assumes the reader knows the measurement basics of using source-measure
2. It assumes the reader has general knowledge of best practices for standard testing
of semiconductor devices such as a MOSFET.
3. It assumes the customer has access to a properly set up Keithley 4200-SCS running
Windows XP. Information on doing that can be found in the Model 4200-SCS Startup
Guide, Packing List PA-716 which is available on the internet at
4. Review the system overview and introduction at
5. This document has references to specific sections of the 94-page 4200-SCS
Semiconductor Characterization System Quick Start Guide 4200-903-01 Rev. C /
May 2006. The customer needs to have a copy of that document, which is available
on the internet at http://www.keithley.com/data?asset=50695 .
This document is organized into these 4 sections: